Funny little story to share with you today. Actually, it's a recurring situation. As many of you know, I worked for Capital One for nearly nine years. So I got into quite a routine of answering my phone when it rang, "Capital One, this is Grant." Of course I say it in a very commanding way...oozing power and respectability.
The first few weeks at my new job (at LandAmerica Financial Group) I received very few calls because I knew very little about what the heck I was doing and nobody needed me. But the calls did eventually start to come. Problem was, I was having a hard time remembering where I worked! The phone would ring and I'd stare at it thinking, "Don't say Capital One. Don't say Capital One." But then I'd think, "Where do I work again? Where do I work again?" On at least one occasion the phone actually rang and rang and then rolled over to voice mail as I sat staring at the phone thinking, "Where do I work again?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment